Jimmy re-joined Smith Leonard in 2016 after an 8 year hiatus during which he left the firm to start an internal tax planning and compliance arm within a registered investment advisory firm. In addition to his family wealth experience with the investment firm, Jimmy also specializes in tax planning and compliance for businesses in the manufacturing, construction, distribution, retail, real estate, and not-for-profit industries.
He has lived in and around the Winston-Salem area for all of his adult life. Currently he lives in Bermuda Run, NC with his wife, Misty and their two kids, Cassidy and Austin. While away from the office, Jimmy enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf and listening to music. He also moonlights as a restaurateur, as he owns a portion of the Tanglewood Pizza Company in Advance, NC.
- Nearly 20 years of experience serving both public and privately-held companies
- Industries served – manufacturing, construction, distribution, retail, real estate, and not-for-profit
- Specialties include – tax planning and compliance for closely-held businesses along with their respective owners
- NC CPA License #32195
- Appalachian State University – B.S. Business Administration Accounting
- American Institute of CPAs – Member
- North Carolina Association of CPAs – Member
- Leadership Development Program – Class of 2018
- Aperture Cinema – Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Trellis Foundation Leadership Council – Member