Karen focuses on delivering and implementing valuable tax solutions and exceptional personalized service. Prior to joining Smith Leonard, she worked with an international accounting firm as well as large local public accounting firms and spent five years as a Tax Officer with a major investment management services company.
She has lived in Burlington, North Carolina for over twenty years. She and her husband, Bill, enjoy playing golf and spending time with family at the beach; so much so that they purchased a vacation home in Delray Beach, Florida. Their two children, Nicholas and Christina, also enjoy playing golf and relaxing at the beach or pool.
- Over 30 years of experience serving both high net worth individuals and families
- Clients served –high net worth individuals and families, closely-held business owners, entrepreneurs, executives, and family offices
- Strong concentration in individual income taxation, gift taxation, trust taxation, estate planning and taxation, and charitable planning
- NC CPA License #21537
- Designations – CFP®
- Saint Michael’s College, Colchester Park, VT – BA
- Long Island University, Brookville, NY – MS Taxation
- College of Financial Planning, Denver, CO
- American Institute Society of CPAs – Member
- North Carolina Association of CPAs – Member
- Society of Financial Services Professionals – Member