As one of the founding partners of Smith Leonard, Mark is a key leader in our tax department. He leads many of the firm’s tax outsourcing initiatives as well as provides high-level tax planning and compliance services.
Mark relocated to the Piedmont Triad area during 1989 from Daytona Beach, Florida. He is the father of six children and is an avid Florida State fan who, in his spare time, enjoys Crossfit and reading.
- Over 30 years of experience serving both public and privately-held companies
- Industries served – manufacturing, distribution and retail
- Strong concentration in income taxes for multi-state flow-through entities and corporations – including accounting for income taxes (ASC 740), tax planning for mergers/acquisitions/dispositions, international tax planning and compliance, and state and local tax issues
- NC CPA License #18992
- Florida State University – B.S. Accounting
- Villanova University, Master of Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Greater High Point Food Alliance – Treasurer
- Rotary Club of High Point
- Society for Financial Service Professionals – Member
- Leadership High Point 2011